Throat cancer is often grouped into two categories:
- Pharyngeal cancer – forms in the pharynx (the hollow tube that runs from behind your nose to the top of your windpipe)
- Laryngeal cancer – forms in the larynx (your voice box)
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- A deficiency
- To asbestos
- Poor dental hygiene
- A change in voice (hoarseness)
- Trouble swallowing
- Weight loss
- Sore throat
- Persistent cough(may cough up blood)
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- Ear pain
- Surgery – if the tumor is small, surgical removal is done.
- Radiation therapy – following the removal of the tumor, your doctor may recommend radiation therapy.